We pride ourselves in providing high quality accommodation for all our residents
We pride ourselves in providing high quality accommodation for all our residents and continually invest in the private accommodation and shared living spaces. All our rooms are furnished to a high standard, regularly decorated and maintained by our own in-house property management team.
With four lounges, a dining room and numerous seating nooks, the shared living space offers the flexibility to enable residents to choose the range and diversity of their social interaction. The dining area is suitably equipped and designed to make meal times a sociable and enjoyable experience.
We are proud of the specialist facilities, services and wide range of equipment available within the home. All our specialist facilities are available to residents and we believe that these facilities make Doves Nest a unique place to stay and offer our residents a unique experience.
Private Living Suites
All rooms are maintained and furnished to a very high standard and are provided with:
- a hospital bed that is at least 900mm wide, with bed linen changed daily;
- en-suite WC with wash basin, mirror and shaver light, or a wash basin, mirror and shaver light incorporated into the room;
- a nurse-call point beside the bed with extension lead and inside the en-suite;
- overhead and bedside lighting;
- Wi-Fi internet access;
- TV Point;
- adequate electric sockets;
- drawers and wardrobes that provide plenty of space for clothing;
- a secure lockable cupboard for valuables;
- high quality flooring;
- low surface temperature radiators;
We have 14 specially designed rooms to cater for high dependency residents with complex healthcare needs who require comprehensive medical and physical support. These rooms are much larger than our standard rooms and are additionally provided with:
- electrically operated profiling bed with integrated bumpers;
- ceiling hoist tracking system that provide access points throughout the room and into the wet room;
- fully equipped en-suite wet rooms complete with shower;
- provision for 15 electrical appliances;
- facility for private telephone;
- internet access point and Wi-Fi internet access;
- under floor heating;
- views over the gardens and woodland to the rear;
- direct access to the gardens where applicable;
Our shared living spaces consist of:
- a large lounge area that will comfortably seat up to 20 residents;
- 3 smaller lounges that will comfortably seat up to 10 residents each;
- a large dining area that provides dining facilities for 20 residents;
- a sun lounge where residents can relax, and;
- large outside spaces where residents can sit and relax in groups or in private;
The home is equipped with state of the art laundering facilities including two sluicing and sterilising washing machines that use the latest oxygen technology and an industrial standard gas fired tumble dryer.
The home is set in over an acre of land that, at the rear looks out over a wooded area leading to a large lake. The patio areas provide over 250sqm of accessible and usable space. There is also a sensory garden that has been created on the lower patio.
The external gardens are private and secure and provide formal lawned and patio areas where residents can relax and enjoy the well-stocked garden and raised flower beds. Access to the external areas can be gained from the ground floor lounge or sun lounge.
The courtyard at the side of the building has been designed for residents to use for relaxation, activities or weather permitting to have meals outside. From the courtyard a path leads to the main garden and patio area at the rear of the building. The main patio area is totally private and is surrounded by mature trees with views over the woodland at the rear.