Our facilities make our home a unique place to stay and offer our residents a unique experience
We are proud of the specialist facilities/services and wide range of equipment available within the home. Most of the specialist facilities are available to all residents and we believe that these facilities make our home a unique place to stay and offer our residents a unique experience.
Our specialist facilities/services include:
- a dedicated sensory room that enables residents to interact with their environment and stimulates the person’s senses – encouraging responses to light, music, touch and smell;
- an OMI-Beam interactive system is a revolutionary system of interactive lights, where users simply move a part of their body into a beam of light to produce mesmerizing real-time audio-visual effects. It can be used by both younger and older adults, individually and in groups, to support stimulation and learning and provide a multi-sensory environment that is inspiring, creative and above all wholly inclusive;
- a dedicated room for therapeutic techniques such as reflexology and aromatherapy, which are carried out by qualified practitioners;
- a tracking hoist system in the 12 bedrooms that provides access points throughout the room including the en-suite shower area and toileting facilities, and;
- a sensory garden with specially selected plants chosen for their aroma, texture and aesthetics;
One of our exciting features is the multi-sensory interactive environment located in the top floor lounge and sensory room.
This dedicated, relaxing and interactive room allows us to stimulate the person’s senses – encouraging responses to light, music, touch and smell. The specialist equipment within the sensory room allows the user to exert an effect on their environment and produce pleasurable experiences for themselves. The exciting effects produced are highly motivating factors in encouraging active participation.
OMi-Beam from OM Interactive is a revolutionary system of interactive lights, where users simply move a part of their body into a beam of light to produce mesmerizing real-time audio-visual effects. The system incorporates a progress monitoring template, which enables facilitators to record, assess and evaluate residents’ progress.
To interact with OMi-Beam – users simply move a part of their body into a beam of coloured light, triggering a fantastic range of audio visual events; every action producing a corresponding real-time event. OMi-Beam’s versatility enables it to be used as a musical instrument, an interactive story telling device, a visual switch and an effective communication aid. The system is a powerful tool for stimulating movement and encouraging creativity. It provides a multi-sensory environment that is inspiring, creative and above all wholly inclusive.