We recognise and respect the right of each resident to lead as independent and fulfilling a life as possible.
We understand that Doves Nest is more than a provider for care services, it is the chosen home of our residents and it is important to us that they quickly develop a sense of ownership. We recognise and respect the right of each resident to lead as independent and fulfilling a life as possible.
The shared living space can be easily adapted to support a number of social groups, whether small or large, and can be easily adapted to the changing individual and collective needs of our residents
We understand that social interaction and relationships can be formed from a diversity of reasons, for example; age, religion, gender, social background, or commonality. With this in mind the accommodation has been specifically designed to provide communal space that is flexible to enable residents to choose the range and diversity of their social interaction.
Our Lifestyle Philosophy
As part of our lifestyles philosophy:
- We recognise and respect the right of the individual to live the lifestyle of his/her choosing.
- We value the contribution by family and friends in the lives of the each resident and encourage participation in daily living.
- An open and flexible approach is adopted towards visiting and privacy is provided as required.
- The home has been designed to enable residents to choose the range and diversity of their social interaction.
- An activities coordinator is available to assist residents to pursue hobbies and other leisure interest or participate in group sessions.
- Opportunities and practical encouragement is provided to access and participate in programmes of education.
- A communal computer room with internet facilities is provided for residents.
- A designated area for therapeutic therapies such as aromatherapy and reflexology is provided
The management of the home recognises the right of the individual resident to live the lifestyle of his/her choosing, subject to an appropriate risk assessment of the individual.
Residents may attend religious services either within or outside the home as they so desire. If services are outside the home the resident should, where possible, arrange for transport and accompaniment with friends or relatives. In the event of this not being possible, a member of the care team may accompany residents on specific occasions, if staffing levels permit.
Residents have the right to meet clergy of their chosen denomination at any time. If required, a private room will be made available within the home for such meetings.
After 4 years of planning/appeal and negotiation, we are hopeful that the redevelopment of Doves Nest will commence in early 2018. The re-development will see Doves Nest be extended from 36 to 50 large high-quality rooms. A new extension will provide 19 new...
Our mini-bus has arrived fully sign written! Our mini-bus can accommodate up to 8 residents and allows for wheelchair access. The minibus has already been booked for trips to the garden centre and all of our homes are planning more trips out and about. ...
Staff from Doves Nest Healthcare are celebrating after receiving a national award recognising the Gold Standard of care they provide their residents. Doves Nest received Commend status as part of the Gold Standards Framework (GSF) in Care Homes Quality Hallmark...