We are committed to involving residents in their own care and treatment, with decisions made in partnership
We understand that we are more than a provider of care services, we are the home of our residents and it is important to us that they quickly develop a sense of ownership. The management and care team respect the right of each resident to lead as independent and fulfilling a life as possible.
We implement a holistic person centred plan of care, using recognised models of nursing which will identify the individual needs of each resident and enhance their quality of life. We are committed to involving residents in their own care and treatment, with decisions made in partnership and we ensure that both they, and their family, fully understand the care, treatment and support choices available to them.
As part of the care planning process we will:
- assess the care needs of each individual prior to admission to ensure their care needs can be met;
- involve each resident and their representative in the planning of care to ensure the plan reflects the needs, aspirations and expectations of the individual;
- adhere to the principles of “No decision about me, without me” and ensure that all care decisions are made in partnership;
- encourage relatives and friends to participate in the delivery of care;
- assess each residents needs on a continual basis, with input from the resident, so that changes can be evaluated, appropriate action taken;
- assess the risk to residents so that they can participate in daily living as fully and safely as possible;
- endeavour to procure the services of specialist practitioners to advise and participate in the planning and implementation of care needs, where their expertise will enhance the quality of care delivered to the resident, and;
- record all the actions, decisions and discussions related to the care planning process;