We recognise and respect the right of each resident to lead as independent and fulfilling a life as possible.
We understand that Doves Nest is more than a provider for care services, it is the chosen home of our residents and it is important to us that they quickly develop a sense of ownership. We recognise and respect the right of each resident to lead as independent and fulfilling a life as possible.
The shared living space can be easily adapted to support a number of social groups, whether small or large, and can be easily adapted to the changing individual and collective needs of our residents
We understand that social interaction and relationships can be formed from a diversity of reasons, for example; age, religion, gender, social background, or commonality. With this in mind the accommodation has been specifically designed to provide communal space that is flexible to enable residents to choose the range and diversity of their social interaction.
Our Lifestyle Philosophy
As part of our lifestyles philosophy:
- We recognise and respect the right of the individual to live the lifestyle of his/her choosing.
- We value the contribution by family and friends in the lives of the each resident and encourage participation in daily living.
- An open and flexible approach is adopted towards visiting and privacy is provided as required.
- The home has been designed to enable residents to choose the range and diversity of their social interaction.
- An activities coordinator is available to assist residents to pursue hobbies and other leisure interest or participate in group sessions.
- Opportunities and practical encouragement is provided to access and participate in programmes of education.
- A communal computer room with internet facilities is provided for residents.
- A designated area for therapeutic therapies such as aromatherapy and reflexology is provided
The management of the home recognises the right of the individual resident to live the lifestyle of his/her choosing, subject to an appropriate risk assessment of the individual.
Residents may attend religious services either within or outside the home as they so desire. If services are outside the home the resident should, where possible, arrange for transport and accompaniment with friends or relatives. In the event of this not being possible, a member of the care team may accompany residents on specific occasions, if staffing levels permit.
Residents have the right to meet clergy of their chosen denomination at any time. If required, a private room will be made available within the home for such meetings.
Doves Nest obtains Gold Standard Framework Commend status. Our congratulations and thanks go to all the staff and everyone who participated in the process. The Gold Standard Framework (GSF) is a nationally recognised accredited award and seeks to promote best practice...
The garden party and “Life is for Living” event held at Doves Nest Healthcare was a great success with performances from Melissa, Maura and our very own OMG. All the residents had a very enjoyable day and the sun kept shining...